Purpose of Position:
To provide eligibility and enrollment assistance for the Medicaid, CHIP, and Federal Marketplace health insurance programs to uninsured patients of the health center and community residents. The Outreach and Enrollment Assistant will conduct in-reach, outreach and education activities to existing health center patients and non-health center patients about affordable insurance options and help them enroll. Required to complete up to 7 hours of federal training to obtain Certified Application Counselor (CAC) certification and up to 4 hours of state training to obtain Your Texas Benefits Navigator certification. The CAC certification must be renewed annually.
- Provide application and renewal assistance and facilitate enrollment or re-enrollment in a health insurance program by providing fair, impartial, and accurate information.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications of the Medicaid and CHIP programs and have some basic knowledge of the Qualified Health Plans (QHP)
- Provide assistance with updates to Marketplace and/or Your Texas Benefits online accounts.
- Help determine if a patient/consumer qualifies for a special enrollment period and assist in the request if found eligible.
- Provide assistance with the explanation of the various exemptions from the tax penalty and help patient/consumer with the application process if eligible.
- Track on a daily basis all activities using the TACHC online CAC reporting tool or other effective method to accurately report O&E efforts to HRSA through quarterly progress reports.
- Conduct in-reach to existing health center patients and outreach to consumers within the health center service delivery area all year round to promote awareness about coverage options under the Marketplace, Medicaid and CHIP and to promote the health center as a resource for enrollment services.
- Assist with the development of marketing and promotional materials for outreach, application assistance and education activities.
- Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate services and ensure physical and other accessibility for people with disabilities.
- Provide information and assistance in the applicants preferred language and or provide limited-English proficiency applicants with oral and written notices of their rights to receive language assistance services and how to obtain such services.
- Provide referrals for people with questions, complaints, or grievances to any applicable office of health insurance consumer assistance or health insurance ombudsman, or any other appropriate state agency or agencies.
- Ensure the protection and security of personal, confidential and identifiable information in a professional and responsible manner and carry out all measures to prevent from unauthorized disclosures.
- Demonstrate and maintain the standards and requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Meet all applicable federal and state training requirements for certification and Participate in professional development training offered by TACHC, CMS, HRSA and other non-profit organizations to acquire knowledge and up-to-date information necessary to perform job functions.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work effectively and professionally in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge of and ability to work and engage with the uninsured, under-served and under-represented populations.
Must have intermediate computer skills and be able to type at least 40 wpm.
Spanish and English bilingual preferred.
Education and Experience:
Must have at least two years’ experience in Public Health, Outreach, Social Work or related field. Working knowledge of the Texas Medicaid Program, CHIP, and the public assistance benefit application is preferred. Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Public Administration, or similar field from an accredited college or university preferred.
Excellent Benefits Included!
Medical and Dental Insurance
Retirement Plan with Company Match
Long Term Disability
Vacation & Sick Leave
8+ Paid Holidays