The Practice Manager is responsible for the oversight of the health center and is responsible for the direct supervision, actions and needs of the health center staff. The Practice Manager is responsible for the planning, organization and supervision of clinical operations supporting quality outcomes and the delivery of patient-centered care. The Practice Manager assists in the development of departmental goals and objectives, directs operational activities and supports and upholds a professional model. The Practice Manager directly supervises the clinical staff, Pharmacy LVN and Front Office Manager and is responsible for establishing high quality standards through visionary leadership, strategic planning and innovation. The Practice Manager will work in collaboration with other health team members and is responsible for assisting in the promotion of the health and well-being of a panel of patients.
It is the expectation that the Practice Manager will work diligently to meet goals and achieve success in regard to the health center, with emphasis on provider productivity, patient-centered access and care, workflow efficiencies and to meet the performance measures of benchmarks, targets, time expectations and error tolerances.
- Direct, supervise and coordinate daily operations in the health center, ensuring adequate support is provided to maintain provider productivity expectations, access and patient satisfaction.
- Responsible for review of operational reports regarding productivity, no show and cancellation percentages, 3rd next available appointments, patient cycle times, payer mix and patient age trends. Discusses inefficiencies with appropriate staff and/or leadership team members to determine and implement resolutions.
- Responsible for the oversight of health center operational goals, financial sustainability, training and education programs; development and implementation of reporting mechanisms and compliance in meeting established guidelines.
- Responsible for interacting with patients, assuring patient centered care and satisfaction is provided.
- Responsible for adhering and enforcing Agency policies to staff regarding appropriate dress code, professionalism, courtesy and punctuality.
- Responsible for timely approval of directly supervised staff payroll using ADP system. Responsible for determining adequate daily staffing and schedules staff according to budget and needs.
- Supervises employee performance and behaviors, counsels and reprimands as necessary, according to Community Health Service Agency policies and procedures.
- Coaches, mentors and trains employees for growth and development opportunities in skills, knowledge and empowerment.
- Collaborates with leaders to efficiently develop the health center and promote growth within the community.
- Responsible for conducting and supervising staff meetings, while maintaining open communication and encouragement of teamwork and morale.
- Ensures site is in compliance with data entry for Immtrac vaccine registry, HIPAA, OSHA, CLIA, state and federal regulations, collaborative agreements with other organizations as well as company policies & procedures.
- Management of supplies, ordering and storage, communication with vendors, maintenance/annual inspection of equipment.
- Oversees the coordination with Pharmacy staff to maintain compliance and documentation for formulary; sample inventory and prescription assistance programs.
- Responsible for monitoring, inspecting and reporting safety hazards, facility needs and recommended improvements. Responsible for monthly and annual site inspections and conducts all required drills and inspections
- Works with CHSA Compliance Officer and serves as the direct site safety coordinator.
- Assures new employees are trained on OHSA regulations, environment of care and infection control policies and conducts the safety walk through for new employees.
- Ensures an appropriate environment for the administration of health care by assuring that exam rooms, nursing station, all equipment, and other work areas are kept in a clean, safe, orderly fashion.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or administrative team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of protocols and has the ability to quickly gain specific knowledge of the Center’s current operational protocols.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and appropriate abbreviations.
- Ability to effectively present information in verbal and written formats.
- Ability to prepare statistical and administrative reports.
- Ability to work cooperatively with community agency personnel to coordinate services for patients.
- Ability to work effectively and in a collaborative manner with outside organizations as necessary
- Ability to use office equipment including but not limited to computers, fax machines, telephones and copiers.
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel at a high level.
Credentials and Experience:
- Three (3) years of LVN experience in a medical clinic setting.
- Three (3) years of experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Requires strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-provider practice environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with providers, staff and patients